Garage Door Openers in Fairfield County CT By Precision Garage Door
We install and repair the best available garage door openers on the market... Liftmaster®! If you need an opener installed or garage door opener repaired in Fairfield County, give Precision a call today.
Quickly Learn Which Garage Door Opener Is Best For You...
There are 3 Main Types of Openers:
Chain Driven Openers- Chain drives are typically the most commonly used and a very reliable type of opener. This drive runs the garage door on its track by using a metal chain. Chain drives are slightly cheaper than belt drives. Chain drive openers tend to be noisy, so if your garage is located below or adjacent to the main rooms in your home, you don't want this opener. We typically don't recommend these types of openers because the small saving isn't worth it. Liftmaster® does not warranty the chain for life like it does the belt on the belt drives and the motor is much noisier.
Belt Driven Openers- Belt drives are regarded in the garage door industry as the best type of opener. Not only are belt drives as reliable as chain drives, but they are also virtually silent. This drive runs on a steel-reinforced belt and typically costs a few dollars more than chain & screw drive openers. If your garage is attached to your home and has surrounding bedrooms, you'll never be bothered by the noise of your garage door.
Screw Driven Openers- Screw drive openers use a lifting device that runs on a threaded steel rod, rather than a chain or a rubber belt. These openers tend to work best in locations where the weather and temperature is constant throughout the year. In areas with a wide range of temperature throughout the year, a screw drive opener is not recommended. They also are the slowest moving and noisiest of all three openers.
Proper Garage Door Installation
You also need to be sure the garage door opener you purchase is installed properly. Please invest 4 minutes in watching this video. Although it begins a bit like a commercial you will learn the difference between a proper garage door opener installation and one riddled with shortcuts. When your new garage door opener is installed correctly you will enjoy it for a long, long time.
Recommended Garage Door Openers For New Installation
Call us to learn how this garage door opener easily connects to your iPhone, iPad or Android device.
8550W Elite Series DC Motor Belt Drive w/ Evercharge® Standby Power System -
A rich, reliable opener designed to perform and built to last for years of smooth, trouble free operation. It is extremely quiet.
This garage door opener does something really great too... it works when the power goes out! The 8550 is the ultimate in garage door opener technology and convenience.
- Battery Backup system ensures operation, even when the power is out
- Timer to close feature lets you choose to have the door automatically close after a pre-programmed number of minutes
- Energy-efficient operation consumes up to 75% less power in standy mode
- Belt drive system is durable, ultra-quiet and maintenance-free
- Whole garage lighting with dual side 200-watt CFL bulb-compatible design
- Uses multiple frequencies simultaneously for near-zero interference
- Wall Station: Provides door operation from the inside of your garage. Also includes an illuminated push-button and security vacation/lock switch so that your always protected.
- Wireless Keyless Entry System (WKES): Allows you to program your own 4-digit pin. It controls up to 3 different garage doors. Also provides temporary service for visitors
- Offers a safety reversal system included with a warning (system lights flash) when contact is sensed or made with any object
- Includes a limited lifetime warranty on the motor and belt and a five-year on all other parts (one-year on the battery)
- 12VDC battery is always charged and ready - no additional outlets are needed
- Alerts you when in use - an audible signal tells you when the standby power system is operating
- Safety and security features still operate - ensures your family is still protected in a power failure
- Backup power will operate the garage door opener for 40 full cycles within a 24-hour period* (fully charged batteries at 72° F)
- Connects directly to your router without Gateway. Open, close and monitor your garage door from your Iphone or android device. Free in the app store.
EverCharge® Standby Power System Features:
8355 Premium Series 1/2 HP Belt Drive Opener
This model is the perfect choice for reliability, top performance and quality.
The belt is warranted for life and offers quiet operation.
- MyQ® technology securely monitor and control your garage door opener and houselights with your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Convenient Features including 3 button remote control and multi-function control panel.
- The Smart Garage Door Opener® lets you electronically program your own security codes.
- Multi-Function Control Panel allows you to open and close your garage door, and turn opener lights on or off from inside the garage.
- Three-button remote control offers you more access and security to open and close up to three garage doors.
- A 200-watt light with adjustable light time delay.
- Great Safety features including the sensing technology, Protector System, Security Rolling Code Technology and PosiLock System.
- Includes a lifetime warranty on the motor and belt and a one-year on all other parts.
LiftMaster 8557W Elite 3/4 HP AC
This motor is really powerful and really quiet!
- MyQ® technology enables you to securely monitor and control your garage door opener and houselights with your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Alerts can be received as email or pop-up (push) notifications on your mobile device so that you always know the status of your garage door and houselights.
- MyQ mobile app is a free download requiring no annual activation fee.
- P3™ Motors from LiftMaster® are reliable, durable and powerful – designed specifically for your needs.
- ¾ HP motor combines a strong pulling force with a steel reinforced belt to lift heavy doors and reinforced doors in high wind areas.
- Belt drive system means ultra-quiet performance – ideal if your home has living space above or next to the garage.
- Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS®) provides super quiet, smooth operation year after year.
- Energy-efficient operation consumes up to 75% less power in standby mode
- Lifetime motor and belt warranty, 5-year parts warranty.
- Security+ 2.0™ safeguards your household – with every click a new code is sent to the garage door opener so that the door opens only for you.
- PosiLock® locks down your door by electronically monitoring against a forced opening.
- Timer-to-Close remembers to close your garage door when you forget – automatically closes the door after a pre-programmed number of minutes.
- Alert-2-Close warning system provides audible and visual warnings when the garage door is about to close when using MyQ technology or Timer-to-Close.
- Motion detector activates the garage door opener lights as soon as you walk in so no more fumbling in the dark.
- The Protector System® has safety sensors that project a light beam across the garage door opening automatically reversing the door if anything interrupts the beam.
8365 ½ HP AC Chain Drive Garage Door Opener
Includes 3-button remote control, keypad and multi-function control panel
- Confidently know what’s going on at home with MyQ® Technology. It lets you monitor and control your Garage Door Opener and home lighting from anywhere (when paired with the Internet Gateway).
- Receive email or text alerts so you always know the status of your garage door and home lighting.
- Download the MyQ® mobile app for free. No annual activation fee required.
- Compatible with HomeLink®.
- Requires 828LM MyQ Internet Gateway to connect to MyQ Smartphone App.
- Prevent the door from closing if anything interrupts the safety beam that crosses the garage door opening.
- Lock down your garage door and against a forced opening with PosiLock®.
- Lifetime motor and one-year parts warranties.
Direct Drive Garage Door Openers
8500 Liftmaster Jackshaft Opener -
The Liftmaster Model 3800 Jackshaft Opener offers an ultra-quiet, space-saving, wall-mounted design. Specially designed for garages and unique applications that don't allow for a traditional garage door opener, such as garages with very low, cathedral or obstructed ceilings.
- MyQ Technology is now available on a Jackshaft
- Ultra-quiet 24V DC motor performance
- Optional EverCharge™ battery backup system reliably opens door even when the power goes out
- Jackshaft Garage Door Opener Wall-Mount Installation - mounts on the left or right side of door - Saves tons of Ceiling Space
- Easily program additional remotes, keypads and/or keyless entry.
- Auto-force technology monitors garage door system and adjusts forces to temperature fluctuations, floor height and door track movement.
Liftmaster Available Accessories
- KeyPad - Uses a combination to allow you to open the garage door. Great for kids and whenever the remote control is not at your fingertips.
- Battery Back-up - Open and close the garage door when the power is out.
- Garage Door Monitor - You'll know when the garage door is open or closed from any room in the house.
- Laser Parking Device - If you park your car in the garage. This is perfect. You'll be lined up perfectly every time
- Remote Light - Turn on an inside lamp, Christmas lights etc. with your garage door remote. Never enter a dark house again!
- Deluxe Wall Control Unit - Operates the door and garage light. Plus, it gives time and temperature.